Tuesday, September 20, 2016
How to Find the Perfect Pair of Vintage Levi's
I get a lot of compliments and questions about my vintage Levi's. I've acquired quite the collection after lots of hunting and gifts from friends. But finding the perfect pair of vintage Levi's (the ones we see EVERYWHERE) can be tough! With that being said, I thought I would share some of my tips on how to find the perfect pair of vintage Levi's of your own!
1. Be patient. First of all, vintage Levi's fit differently than most jeans made today. Back in the day, they were designed for men so they didn't think about fitting for women. It takes a lot of trying on many pairs to find the ones that will fit like a glove! So don't get discouraged if you can't find them right away.
2. Read the style on the butt tag! 501 is the most popular style. They're the button fly, classic Levi's that seem to be the ones that are most sought after. They're my favorite style too, I recommend the 501s!
3. Buy small and tight fit! After a lot of wear, Levi's tend to stretch out a lot. Many of mine are pretty baggy now so I definitely recommend getting a pair that is SUPER tight and within a few hours they will start to mold to your body!
4. Be open to tailoring. Find the absolute perfect pair can be tough, so if it fits well in the butt and waist, but they're too long...don't be discouraged! Keep in mind that you can take them to a tailor to get the length adjusted or the legs a slimmer fit!
5. CHECK OUT THE MEN'S SECTION AT THE THRIFT STORE. Number one tip right here. I have found majority of my Levi's in the guys denim section at a local thrift store.
Those are my tips on finding the perfect pair of Levis! I hope it helped! Let me know your thoughts!
And make sure to like and save on Bloglovin if you liked the post!! <3
What I'm Wearing: Jacket: Forever 21, Blouse: Forever 21, Jeans: Vintage Levi's, Boots: Free People, Bag: Vintage
© The Moptop . All rights reserved.